Qualified candidates will possess the following experience:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in the design and development of Java-based applications following OOAD principles.
- Experience implementing development frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Experience developing software in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment.
- Experience utilizing unit testing tools (JUnit, Mockito).
- Experience using relational databases like Oracle or MySQL.
- Experience in an Agile environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with big data/Hadoop is a big plus.
- Experience using cloud technologies like AWS and Cloud Foundry preferred.
Java Developer responsibilities include design and development of Java applications based on technical requirements, creating new code as well as making enhancements to existing code. Provide functional programming deliverables within strict deadlines. Can work independently or as part of a collaborative environment.